We hear a lot how those of you who have been practicing for at least a year want to know more about the practice. You understand the basics of the postures and now are ready to refine and delve into each group of postures for a more nuanced understanding.
Elevate was created to help you as your asana practice evolves. During this workshop we’ll look at the postures from a skeletal point of view, go into the purpose of each group setting and explore how to make them work for your body.
- Gives you more choices in each posture.
- Is sustainable over a lifetime.
- Is more fun and engaging.
- The various groups of postures, such as standing, backbends, etc., the purpose and common anatomy of each.
- An exploration of Surya Namaskar—Sun Salutations—the intent and focus of this common sequence.
- Exploration of Ujjayi pranayama breath and the anatomy behind it.
- Transitions and why they are a key component of a graceful practice.
- The intent, purpose and practice of yoga and how it applies to your everyday life, according to the lineage.
- We believe we learn best by trying. Through partner work you’ll see, feel and practice postures you know and some you may never have seen or tried before. There will also be demonstrations and detailed explanations. Your questions and interaction benefit all and make this a unique and lively workshop.